The mission of the Professional Development Department is to ensure that the Crane Elementary School District provides students with effective first instruction in every classroom.
This is made possible through Professional Development training and coaching to support beginning teachers as well as the seasoned veteran.
- Provide high-quality training and development for all personnel
- Enhance and sustain collaborative working relationships
- Provide ongoing training to implement and assess differentiated instruction for all instructional staff and administrators
- Provide effective instruction that enables all students to meet or exceed academic standards
Professional Development 2013-14
Follow this link to access the Professional Development catalog for 2013-14. Registration will be done online.
Ottawa University Information
Costs for classes are:
- $100 per credit
If more than one hour for every credit is missed for a class, District credit will not be given and/or an incomplete Ottawa University credit will be submitted.
Coaches assist to refine and reinforce the instructional skills of teachers. They use a variety of coaching strategies which include clinical, side-by-side, in and out, and whisper coaching.
Besides coaching teachers, each coach provides site-based professional development which is guided by needs of their staff or district wide needs. Each coach also provides the following:
- Works as part of the site leadership team
- Assists teachers with lesson planning
- Organizes and carries out school wide bench mark testing for DIBELS and Galileo.